Please allow 24 hours notice of a cancellation to avoid being charged a cancellation fee.
Payment is due at the time of service. We are not a medical treatment facility and therefore we do not bill insurance. However, upon request we can provide a detailed bill that you can turn in to your insurance company for reimbursement if applicable. For your convenience, we gladly accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Refusal of Service
Peace by Peace reserves the right to refuse service to any client or perspective client at any time. Sexual advances will not be tolerated, and the client will not be allowed to return to the spa for any future services.
A Contraindication is a condition that will either prevent you from receiving a massage, or require special attention and/or a physician's release. There are three forms of contraindications:
When you have any of these conditions, please do not book a massage. If a client is believed to be experiencing any of these contraindications, he/she will be refused service.
- Contagious diseases, including any cold or flu, no matter how mild it may seem
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol-including prescription pain medication
- Recent operations or acute injuries
- Infectious skin diseases
A local contraindication is a condition that requires special attention and must be avoided at the time of the massage. The therapist can massage but not over any areas affected by:
- Varicose veins
- Undiagnosed lumps or bumps
- Undiagnosed pain
- Inflammation, including arthritis
The therapists at Peace by Peace need to know if you suffer from any of the following conditions. Massage can only take place once it has been approved before your session in writing by your Physician.
- Cardio-vascular conditions (thrombosis, phlebitis, hypertension, heart conditions)
- Any condition already being treated by a medical practitioner
- Psoriasis or eczema
- High blood pressure
- Nervous or psychotic conditions
- Heart problems, angina, those with pacemakers
- Bell’s palsy, trapped or pinched nerves